Remove this ad

Lead

May 14 07 4:38 PM

Tags : :

Sun May 13, 5:28 PM ET

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son went on the trip.

Some parents said they were upset by the staff's poor judgment in light of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech that left 33 students and professors dead, including the gunman.

During the last night of the trip, staff members convinced the 69 students that there was a gunman on the loose. They were told to lie on the floor or hide underneath tables and stay quiet. A teacher, disguised in a hooded sweat shirt, even pulled on locked door.

After the lights went out, about 20 kids started to cry, 11-year-old Shay Naylor said.

"I was like, 'Oh My God,' " she said. "At first I thought I was going to die. We flipped out."

Principal Catherine Stephens declined to say whether the staff members involved would face disciplinary action, but said the situation "involved poor judgment."

Bounty Killer - Smoke The Herb

[Blunt Tech Dubstep Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/400215137d9ae3/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 14 07 5:56 PM

I think it was a good idea... Just handled the wrong way. Honestly... Teachers try there best to prepare kids for life which is nearly impossible because anything and everything comes up ya know.

"We have to change our state of mind to change the state we're in."
Me

Quote    Reply   

Doot

#2 [url]

May 14 07 6:19 PM

HAHAHA

What a Bunch of Pussy Ass Sixth Graders...

We Used to Have Lock Down Drills In Middle School
Although We Knew What Was Happening It Was the Same Scenario...

Turn Off the Lights. Get Under Your Desks...

If Any 6th Grader Was Crying Over Some Shit Like That They Need to Be Checked Up

I Could See if Someone Actually Like Busted In the Room With a Fake Gun and Shit And Was Like Cursing and Yellng At These Kids Like "I'm Gonna Fucking Kill You And You Classmates" Or Some Shit

But For Christs Sake

I Can Garuntee You ALL of These Kids Have Seen SAW
And SAW2
And SAW3

It's Not Like They're 5 or 6

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 14 07 7:10 PM

I'm sure when their parents signed them up for the field trip.. They didn't check the "I'd like my child to shit his/her pants" box..

Quote    Reply   

Doot

#4 [url]

May 14 07 7:15 PM

The Blunt Technician wrote:
I'm sure when their parents signed them up for the field trip.. They didn't check the "I'd like my child to shit his/her pants" box..

Yeah

Your Right

Our Youth Shouldn't Be Subjected to Drills

I Mean Shit... They Are Doing Just Fine Taking Sub-Par Classes From Sub-Par Teachers
I Mean

What Is More Educational Than a Trip to Disney Land

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 14 07 7:21 PM

Doot wrote:

Yeah

Your Right

I Mean Shit... They Are Doing Just Fine Taking Sub-Par Classes From Sub-Par Teachers
I Mean

What if one of these kids brought a strap with them and felt like he could be a hero.. So he starts blastin' through the door when the teacher jiggles it.. They would want to hold the kid responcible for it.

Then it would be a huge mess for the school.

People are crazy.

Quote    Reply   

Doot

#6 [url]

May 14 07 7:46 PM

Doot wrote:

Yeah

Your Right

I Mean

What if one of these kids brought a strap with them and felt like he could be a hero.. So he starts blastin' through the door when the teacher jiggles it.. They would want to hold the kid responcible for it.

People are crazy.

OK Man Your Starting to Move Backwards

If an 11 Year Old Kid Had a Gun On a Disney Field Trip The Would Have Know the Second He Got On That Bus
And Even If They Didn't Catch It In the Beginning Catching It With This Fake Drill Would Be a Blessing
Who Knows Why This Kid Had a Gun On Him
Better He Pull It Out Now Than When He Was Gonna Kill All His Classmates

But I Don't Even Know Why I Am Arguning This Shit With You
That Was The Most Retarded "What If" Scenario You Could Have Come Up With

If Any 11 Year Old Had a Gun With Him He Wouldn't Even Know How To Load It

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 14 07 8:01 PM

Doot wrote:
Doot wrote:

Yeah

Your Right

I Mean

People are crazy.

If an 11 Year Old Kid Had a Gun On a Disney Field Trip The Would Have Know the Second He Got On That Bus
And Even If They Didn't Catch It In the Beginning Catching It With This Fake Drill Would Be a Blessing

My dad taught me everything about guns & gun safty when I was 10. He even taught me how to shoot. That was just me though. A lot of parents don't even put guns out of reach. We knew where my dad's shit was. But we weren't stupid enough to go fuck with them because he taught us they were dangerous. A lot of parents don't do that either.

Do you live under a rock or something? Little kids take guns to school all the time & shoot class mates. [you would have to be smooth outta your rabid ass mind to believe otherwise. i mean completely detatched from reality..] Is it that far of a reach to think one wouldn't take a strap on a field trip?

Quote    Reply   

Doot

#8 [url]

May 14 07 9:04 PM

Doot wrote:
Doot wrote:

Yeah

Your Right

I Mean

People are crazy.

My dad taught me everything about guns & gun safty when I was 10. He even taught me how to shoot. That was just me though. A lot of parents don't even put guns out of reach. We knew where my dad's shit was. But we weren't stupid enough to go fuck with them because he taught us they were dangerous. A lot of parents don't do that either.

Do you live under a rock or something? Little kids take guns to school all the time & shoot class mates. [you would have to be smooth outta your rabid ass mind to believe otherwise. i mean completely detatched from reality..] Is it that far of a reach to think one wouldn't take a strap on a field trip?

Name One 6th Grader That Has Been Shot In School

And In the Unlikely Case That You Can Name One
He Or She
A)Didn't Bring It In Case of a Gun Threat
B)Shouldn't Have Had the Fuckig Gun In the First Place Man

Your Trying to Say It Was A Bad Move For These Teachers to Have a Lock Down Drill Because a Student Might Shoot the Class Up

Thats Like Saying
No Fire Drills Because a Student Might Have a Fire Truck and Start Spraying Down the School

You Make No Fucking Sense

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

May 14 07 9:29 PM

Doot wrote:

Name One 6th Grader That Has Been Shot In School

April 16, 2003: Addison, Texas
A 12-year-old sixth grade female student reportedly committed suicide by shooting herself in a private school restroom.

June 4, 2003: Wellsboro, PA
A 12-year-old, fifth-grade male middle school student committed suicide in the school's first floor restroom. The boy reportedly brought multiple guns, including a rifle, to the school in a duffel bag. Students were reportedly allowed to bring duffel bags because of a year-end field trip to an area swimming pool.

& heres one where no one was hurt.. stop playin' dumb, doot..

January 21, 2003: Olive Hill, KY
A 12-year-old male middle school student was briefly taken hostage by another 12-year-old male classmate. Both students were 6th graders. The suspect brandished a small handgun in his 2nd floor classroom, walked into another classroom and asked for the other male to come into the hallway, at which time he held him at gunpoint. The school resource officer responded and successfully intervened without an injury.

kids bring guns to school everyday. i was listening to an old Howard Stern show from 99' where [in the news portion at the end of the show] Robin tells a story of a 5 grader who brought his dads gun to school and shot and killed a little girl in his class.. she picked on him so he popped her.

Quote    Reply   

Doot

#10 [url]

May 14 07 9:56 PM

He Or She
A)Didn't Bring It In Case of a Gun Threat
B)Shouldn't Have Had the Fuckig Gun In the First Place Man

Your Trying to Say It Was A Bad Move For These Teachers to Have a Lock Down Drill Because a Student Might Shoot the Class Up

Thats Like Saying
No Fire Drills Because a Student Might Have a Fire Truck and Start Spraying Down the School

You Make No Fucking Sense

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

May 14 07 9:59 PM

kids bring guns to school everyday. i was listening to an old Howard Stern show from 99' where [in the news portion at the end of the show] Robin tells a story of a 5 grader who brought his dads gun to school and shot and killed a little girl in his class.. she picked on him so he popped her.

stop playin' dumb, doot..

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help